Customers fainted at the Big C Supermarket in Hanoi on Saturday. Photo: Tran Van Quang
Dozens of customers and employees of a supermarket in Hanoi fainted allegedly because of suffocation on Saturday.
The mass fainting occurred at the Big C Supermarket, located in the basement of The Garden Shopping Center building at around 6:15 p.m.
Around 20 people reportedly suffered from dizziness, breathing difficulty and vomiting and gradually passed out. They were brought to hospital.
Security guards then blocked the entrance to the supermarket.
The management board of the building said in an announcement shortly after the incident the air conditioner in the basement failed to work, leading to the incident.
Online website VnExpress quoted Ho Quoc Nguyen, Big C’s PR manager, as saying the mass fainting was caused by suffocation.
He said there were too many vehicles waiting to be parked in the basement and emissions from the vehicles flowed into the supermarket, occupying the air.
The supermarket opened again at around 8 p.m. Its employees put on facial masks while working.
According to Hospital 198, 18 people were brought to the hospital. After being provided first aid, four of them recovered and were discharged from the hospital.
The remaining are still being treated.
Đăng ký: VietNam News