PANO – Missions from various units and organs have launched practical activities to help policy beneficiaries and national contributors have a warm 2015 Lunar New Year (Tet) festival.
* On February 12th, President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee (VFFCC) Nguyen Thien Nhan handed over Tet gifts and scholarships to needy people and students with high studying records in Tra Vinh province.
* The same day, Vice State President Nguyen Thi Doan presented gifts and sent Tet greetings to people in Northern Ha Nam province.
* During a pre-Tet visit to Division 308 of Army Corps 1, Seni
or Lieutenant General Mai Quang Phan, Deputy Director of the General Department of Politics of the Vietnam People’s Army, highly valued their task performance over the past time and urged them to maintain training and combat readiness, while promoting internal solidarity and building strong Party organizations and comprehensive strong units.
He asked the unit to support needy troops so that they could return home to celebrate the Tet holiday with their families.
* On the previous day, Major General Nguyen Van Tuong, Commissar of the Vietnam Coast Guard, extended new-year wishes to members of the Coast Guard Region 1.
* Recently, Army Corps 4 and its affiliate units have spent VND 28 billion to give rice and essential commodities to policy beneficiaries, national contributors, Agent Orange/Dioxin victims and people in the Northern rural areas where they are stationed.
* The Economic Defence Unit 4 of Military Zone 4 has provided free health check-ups and medicines to over 500 ethnic minority residents in Ky Anh and Que Phong districts of the Central province of Nghe An.
* On February 12th, Corps 16 and Garment Company 7 of Military Zone 7 gave similar support to needy people, war veterans and Vietnamese heroic mothers during the coming national traditional festival.
* Meanwhile, the Youth Union of the People’s Army Newspaper and the Pha Long border post in Lao Cai province have handed over four classrooms to the Ta Ngai Cho Secondary School in Ta Ngai Cho commune, Muong Khuong district.
The construction cost VND 250 million is collected by the newspaper from local sponsors.
Translated by Van Hieu
Đăng ký: VietNam News